Monday, October 10, 2011

Connections Keep Multiplying!

Monday, October 10
Arrived last night to my usual room at Solace, too tired to do anything but go to bed. As I was picking up my key I bumped into Willy and Ben, from South Africa, who have been here for a week, much to my surprise.

Learned over breakfast that Willy and Ben are following up on contacts Willy made when he visited the BDC in August. Since then, two of our Cohort 3 learners, Consulata and Serge, traveled to S. Africa for training in Farming God’s Way. Willy brought Ben, a fruit farmer and trainer for Foundation for Farming, to help farmers get started on the new approach. Very exciting.

Serge has been driving them to visit several farms. They plan to visit Solace Ministries’ farms tomorrow.

Ben was very enthusiastic about the potential in Rwanda—year round growing season. He sees opportunity to introduce new varieties of fruit for export. Williyand Ben are fired up to transform Rwandan agriculture.

(see my blog dated August 16-19, 2011 for background)

No comments: