Thursday, January 31, 2008

moving away, far far away

Beth and Jon are getting closer and closer to their departure for India... as i read their blog today it reminded me of my own feelings as I've moved back and forth from one continent to another.

Beth says, "I remember my youthful zeal during my college days when the thought of leaving everything behind and forging ahead on a grand adventure overseas seemed so glamorous. I was so full of anticipation that I couldn’t seem to wait for the day that I would finally set my foot down on foreign soil. I guess a few things have changed since then.

"I am still very excited for the adventure that lies ahead, however, reality has a way of abruptly knocking off the rose colored glasses that I have worn for so long. I am suddenly aware of the huge sacrifices that we will be making..."


Jon wrote last week, "I wonder if anywhere will ever feel like home again. I suppose India will, in time become home. Our friends who live there assure us that India has become home for them and their children.
Then again, if I’m really living in the reality that I am God’s and His Kingdom is not of this world… then this world will never be my home, and perhaps this alien feeling is just the way it is.


"Either way, I am at peace, knowing I serve a good God who, in the grand scheme of things, is the only home I’ll ever need. Which is a nice thought at the moment, but needs to become a way of life for me."

It's a great blog and I'm sure there will be lots of great reading in months to come. Take a look! http://blogs.globeservebusiness.com/india/

No comments: